Book Review : The Twelve Dates of Christmas by Lisa Dickenson


Title : The Twelve Dates of Christmas

Author : Lisa Dickenson

Publication Date : 6 October 2014

Publisher : Sphere

Source : Sent by the publisher

Overall : All the Christmas trees and snowglobes (you know what I mean? A must-read)

At thirty, Claudia's life is stale and the romance with long-term boyfriend, Seth, has disappeared. Determined to inject some festive spark back into their love life, Claudia and Seth go on their first date in a very long time. But when the night ends in disaster, Claudia suddenly finds herself facing life - and Christmas - alone.

Life alone is exciting, scary and full of soon-forgotten exercise regimes and ill-advised attempts at crafting sexy underwear. It's also filling up with dates, surprisingly. With best friends Penny and Nick at her side, a surplus of festive markets, mulled wine and Christmas tunes, Claudia attempts to face all this change with gusto. One thing's for certain: this year, Christmas is going to be very different . ..

This is the story of Claudia and her twelve dates of Christmas. Hilarious, uplifting and romantic, it's a story about losing love, finding love, and discovering what's been there all along. Expect Christmas sparkle, butterflies-in-your-stomach romance and a lot of very funny moments in The Twelve Dates of Christmas.


I am so delighted to be given the chance to review Lisa Dickenson’s debut novel, The Twelve Dates of Christmas.

I just finished reading the book a moment ago. Now, all I’m asking for is if I can cry and have my own Nick? It ended too soon! It’s definitely one of my favourite Christmas books! Twelve Dates is my second book by Lisa this year and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her!

This story has six parts, when it was first published. So, it’s definitely not a heavy read and it’s light and delish as your fave pumpkin fairycakes with cinnamon icing. Now, it’s a complete novel! Whee! The Dates of Christmas follows the tale of Claudia, who is recently dumped by Seth, her boyfriend of five years during their first date in a very long time. Thank goodness for awesome besties, Penny and Nick plus Christmas fun fairs, festive songs. She won’t be having a lonely Christmas after all. Twelve life changing dates of Christmas, will Claudia find her One?

I am sobbing at the mo because it ended and I don’t have a Nick yet. Lolzer. I am telling you, this book is worth every penny! I absolutely loved Claudia! She loves Chrizzy as much as me and that’s everything. A lot of Christmas trees, funfairs, markets and the whole setting, perf. The fairytale, snowy London Christmas. With every date, she is one step closer to Christmas. Claudia is all excited for Christmas and all ready for fun and spending time with people she loves but how smooth would her plan be? I warmed up to her and loved her from page one, line one. She’s so cute and funny and I wanted to fly all over to UK to give Lisa a big bear hug for writing such a brilliant, festive book! I felt as though I was chatting with Lisa as Claudia is as lovable and cool as qweenie.

I had such a Christmassy time reading this book as it is packed with entertaining characters. They are such fun people and each has carried out their part so well to enhance the beauty of this Chrimbo read. Nick is a totes swoon-worthy male character and I could write an entire book about my love for him, hee. Claudia and Nick make such a cute couple and together, they shine like the star at the top of a Christmas tree. Their love is passionate and intense. I was thinking ‘Christmas is soon, Christmas is soon’ while reading the book. It’s only the end of October. Le sob.

The Twelve Dates of Christmas is as warm as your favourite pair of gloves. Lisa Dickenson certainly deserves a warm hug from me and all the other reviewers out there for her adorable, hilarity-packed Christmas story. She is VERY talented, love her a lot! Devour this beautiful book over a mug of warm mulled wine and spiced shortbreads.

As for now, I think Lisa is working on book three as we speak. If you wish to tweet Lisa, feel free to follow her on Twitter (@LisaWritesStuffs).

Comments

Popular Posts