Book Review : Yours Truly by Kirsty Greenwood


Title : Yours Truly

Author : Kirsty Greenwood

Publication Date : 21 November 2013

Publisher : Pan Macmillan

Source : Review copy provided by publisher (Thank you!)

Overall : 5/5

Your bum does not look big in that dress.
Mmmm, it tastes delicious!
Of course you're better looking than John Hamm.

Newly engaged Natalie Butterworth is an easy-going girl. She'll do anything for a quiet life and if telling a few teensy white lies keeps her friends and family happy, then so what? It's not like they'll ever discover what she's really thinking...

Until one night, thanks to a pub hypnotist, Natalie's most private thoughts begin to bubble up and pop out of her mouth. Things get very messy indeed, especially when some sticky home truths offend her fiancé.

Natalie must track down the hypnotist before her wedding is officially cancelled. So along with bad influence bestie Meg, Natalie finds herself in the Yorkshire Parish of Little Trooley - a small village bursting with big secrets, nosy old folk and intriguing Wellington-wearing men.

When the girls get stuck in the village with no means of escape and no way to break the hypnotist's spell, Natalie is forced to face the truths she has been avoiding her whole life...


Yours Truly by Kirsty Greenwood is one of the best debuts of 2013. I loved the stunning blue cover and changes have been made to the cover for the paperback edition. A little different from the e-book cover but totally perfect! I was so happy when this book arrived and I really couldn’t wait to read it. From the first page, I knew that I would love this book. The story was fresh and I adored Kirsty’s brilliant writing!

Natalie, the female lead in this story is such a pleaser and keep truths to herself to avoid hurting others. After being hypnotised one night at a bar, Nat finds herself spilling all of her darkest truths. Truth always hurts and to avoid revealing any more, she has to find a way to stop her world from falling apart. That leads her to Yorkshire Parish of Little Trooley to find the hypnotist. Really wish to move to Little Trooley after reading this book. The place was truly vividly described and the part about the frozen waterfall was magical. I have never heard of frozen waterfall and that left me with a thousand images running through my mind. Maybe someone could tweet a picture to me? What I loved the most about this book is, it’s funny in every way. One of the funniest books I’ve read, ever. Like the Becky Bloomwood meets Angela Clark kind of funny. Natalie Butterworth isn’t the only character I fell for, I liked her friend, Meg, which reminds me of a sweet book reviewer, Megan of Reading in the Sunshine. Besides, Riley, the loveliest male character was just ace! I couldn’t think of a more perfect Riley than Andy Brown from Lawson. He’s gorgeous, isn’t he? Geese would agree with me. I enjoyed reading about Nat and Riley as they’re both real and fun. Loved, loved, loved them! I found the book very entertaining and the storyline didn’t feel as though it was being dragged on for hundreds and hundreds of pages. YT was a light, fluffy read that one would enjoy very much.

All in all, Yours Truly is the perfect book for chick lit lovers! Written by an amazing book reviewer (editor of Novelicious.com), this is a book you don’t want to miss! A story that would make you laugh and fall off the couch. Great, addictive plot with witty characters. Do give the lavly Kirsty (@KirstyBooks) a follow on Twitter and tweet her! I would definitely read books by this author.

Well done, Kirsty and HAPPY PUBLICATION DAY! xx

Comments

Popular Posts