Book Review : How to Fall in Love by Cecelia Ahern


Title : How to Fall in Love

Author : Cecelia Ahern

Publication Date : 7 November 2013

Publisher : HarperCollins

Source : Sent by the publisher (Thank you!)

Overall : 5/5

She has just two weeks. Two weeks to teach him how to fall in love - with his own life.

Adam Basil and Christine Rose are thrown together late one night, when Christine is crossing the Halfpenny Bridge in Dublin. Adam is desperate - but Christine makes a crazy deal with him. His 35th birthday is looming and she bets him she can show him she can show him that life is worth living before then.

Despite her determination, Christine knows what a dangerous promise she's made. Against the ticking of the clock, the two of them embark on wild escapades, grand romantic gestures and some unlikely late-night outings. Slowly, Christine thinks Adam is starting to fall back in love with his life.

But has she done enough to change his mind for good? And is that all that's starting to happen?


How to Fall in Love by Cecelia Ahern is one of the best books I have read this year. Though it’s barely the end of 2013, I am absolutely positive that this is one of my top ten reads for the year. This lovely book has a very gorgeous cover and I dived into it as soon as it arrived. Love those people in Harper! How to Fall in Love’s my second book by Cecelia and I was not disappointed at all. It’s a page-turner and I could absolutely relate to the characters in every event. From the first page, I knew that I could finish this book fast. This book connected to my heart, felt like it’s written for me. I really did not want it to end and I wanted to read it again but since exam is drawing close, I’m sharing my experience with all of you. When I read the book, I was totally sucked into Christine’s and everything she did reminded me of some real life events.

Christine, the heroine in this story has been feeling guilty since she met Simon, a man who she believed she had convinced from committing suicide, suddenly shot himself right in front of. Since that encounter, almost everything changed for her. She also left her husband. What happens next is the turning point of this story and I’d say is the true beginning to this story- As Christine is walking through Dublin, she approaches the Ha'penny Bridge and spots a man, Adam, about to jump off the bridge and she was not going to let Adam do that. Christine and Adam make a deal where she has only two weeks to make him love his life. Challenging task, if you ask me. I totally felt the emotion through Cecelia’s words. The chemistry between Adam and Christine was totally intense and there were some beautiful bits between them and if you ask which my favourite part was, I really can’t tell. It is hard because all they went through was precious and memorable to me. Both characters were very well developed and very real to me.

All I can say is, How to Fall in Love is not your average chick lit! A story that would make you weep and love your life. Meaningful tale with a great plot and I highly recommend it to all! Before I sign off, please put a pack of Kleenex by your side if you are planning to read it.

Thanks for bearing with me, goodbye! xx

Comments

Popular Posts