VI : Feelings

27 July 2010, 8.20 a.m.

It was a sunny morning when we met for coffee at a small café near the hotel. The café was stunning and the moment I stepped into it, I was greeted by the delicious aroma of coffee beans and freshly baked pastries. Pure bliss.

We sat next at a table on the pavement, enjoying the summer’s day as we sipped our coffees, devoured the flaky pastries and caught up. Breakfast turned into lunch and soon after, we found ourselves exploring some sights of London, with Andy being my guide. As we walked, Andy, being the perfect guide, filled me in with interesting facts about the historical yet beautiful buildings in London.

Soon after, our “date” had to come to an end when we reached my hotel. Tentatively, he told me about his show in Paris tomorrow and that he had to leave for Paris that night. Gutted, I felt a pang of disappointment.

Don’t get me wrong, I had known Andy since we were children and the thought of him now sent the butterflies in my stomach on a frenzy. He’s so not my type but I had developed a strong attraction towards him, probably because it’s that sense of familiarity of knowing someone for a long time.
Then, he reached into the pocket of his jacket for something and handed me a thick, cream envelope with my name printed on it. Before I could ask what it is, he took my hand in his and squeezed it lightly. I looked up from the envelope and our eyes met. “I want you to come with me. It’s tickets for tomorrow’s show. Three backstage passes for you, your friends and I won’t take no for an answer.” he said resolutely, full of conviction and hope.

I smiled. I remember my heart pounding against my ribcage when he bent down and left the softest of kisses on my cheek, which at that point, I tried my hardest to hide my blush. With a final squeeze of my arm, he left. Oh, if I wasn’t falling for him, I didn’t know what it was. Deep down, I was still a bit confused. Did he truly have feelings for me?

Comments

Popular Posts