IV : Encounter

26 July 2010, Morning

5 a.m. Ugh, bloody alarm. I got out of bed and put on my favourite comfy sweater, deciding that a walk around the area would do me good. I stumbled upon a music store and since I’ve always liked the British music scene, it wouldn’t hurt checking it out. Amid browsing the CDs, I felt a tap on my shoulder and when I turned around, my eyes landed on an incredibly handsome face. Gosh, that smile could melt butter. I snapped out of my reverie when I realised he was talking to me.

“Hi, Ellie! It’s so great see you here! It’s been a long time!” he gushed excitedly.

Bemused, I smiled back at him. “Excuse me, do I know you?”, I replied absently.

“Ha! I don’t remember you being so funny, Ellie! Okay, fine. I’m Andrew, Andrew Lawson. Remember me?”

Surprise must have been etched on my face because he laughed good naturedly and seemed to wait for my reaction.

Quick, Ellie. Say something!

“Now I do. Sorry for that but you look so different since the last time I saw you! But it’s great to see you. How are you, by the way?” I recovered quickly, sensing his uncomfortable expression.

“Oh, couldn’t be better. I’m a musician now and I perform in bar and pubs around UK with my band. It’s my dream since I was a kid. So, I’m practically living my dream.”, he enthused, finishing off with a cheeky smile. Damn, I don’t remember him looking this attractive back then.

“Oh, wow. Never thought that you would be a musician, always thought you would be a doctor or something. You know, what with your being on top of the class and all!”

“You know what they say, don’t judge a book by its cover. Okay, enough about me, what are you doing here in London? God, it’s so good to see you again!”, he said as he gave my arm a quick squeeze.

For the next few minutes, I told him about my being a fashion blogger and my sudden trip to London. We exchanged numbers and we parted our ways when he invited me to do a write up for his show on the following day.

Who would have thought? Andrew Lawson, that nerd from primary school. He was short and wore thick glasses. As far as I could remember, he carried my books to class and he walked me home. He was a genuinely sweet guy and we used to be really close friends. It was such a pity when we lost touch when I transferred for high school.

Okay, the review. I mulled over it for a while, unsure if I’m up for it. I mean, I could write about couture and the most horrendous fashion faux pas but not music, definitely! But I was certain for one thing, I can’t wait to see good ol’ Andy again!

Comments

Popular Posts