Book Review : The Single Girl's To-Do List by Lindsey Kelk


Title : The Single Girl's To-Do List

Author : Lindsey Kelk

Publication Date : June 2011

Publisher : HarperCollins

Source : Purchased

Overall : 5/5

Rachel Summers loves a to-do list:
  • Boyfriend
  • Flat
  • Great job
NOT on the list: 
  • Being dumped
Best friends Emelie and Matthew ride to her rescue with an entirely new kind of list - The Single Girl's To-Do List. Rachel doesn't know it, but it will take her on all kinds of wild adventures - and get her in some romantic pickles too. And then it won't be a case of what but who she decides to tick off...
  • Mr. Bendy yoga instructor
  • Mr. teenage sweetheart in Toronto
  • Mr. persistent ex
  • Mr. deeply unsuitable
The Single Girl's To-Do List gives Rachel the perfect heartbreak cure - proves love is out there if you're willing to take a chance.

I enjoyed I Heart Paris and Lindsey's books are some of my favorite Chick Lit novels. When I heard of this, I was elated! The title of this book was to me, very interesting as I'm single and it's SINGLE GIRL'S TO DO LIST. I thought, 'Definitely something interesting'. I really enjoy buying books and choosing a perfect copy. I bought this book when I was in the city for a day trip. This book was the first book I spotted in the Chick Lit section! The pink font on the cover screamed at me, telling me to get it. It was the last copy and I was the lucky one! I felt as if the book was reserved for me! I bought this book together with 50 Ways To Find A Lover (reviewed) and RSVP (to be reviewed). Bought three books and I went home feeling happier than ever!

Even on the first chapter itself, I had a strong feeling that I was going to love this! It's funny and I fell in love with Rachel almost immediately. I was thinking, this will be another fun character like Angela! When I was reading this book, I felt that being single is not as bad as I think. I can do more crazy things without thinking 'What would he say about this?', 'I don't think he will like this!'. It's really easy to relate to her as I'm single and readers (especially ladies) could sympathize with what she's going through (being dumped). It's not easy for someone that thought she's having a stable relationship to go through breakup. It's really not easy. Rachel loved making To-Do lists and this time, it's no exception. She opted to follow a list rather than going for something most girls would do (vodka nights, ice creams, watching comedies, spending nights at clubs, etc). Her besties helped her to prepare a To-Do list and Rachel's list was far better as it included some interesting activities like getting a tattoo, a makeover, breaking the law, etc.

Rachel's awesome best friends, Matthew (the six feet tall lovely gay) and the fantastic Emilie. I loved them so much! I told my bestie repeatedly that I'd love to have best friends like them (my best friends are amazing too)! I can't stop laughing whenever Rachel, Em and Matthew came together. Their craziness was so hilarious and kept me feeling entertained (like watching a comedy). Everything in this book seemed real to me, not fictional at all. Maybe it's because I could easily relate to it. Lindsey has the ability to make every character seems real, something I love about her writing! I always love how Lindsey manages to write interesting male characters that I'd find sexy and irresistible (Alex Reid, Dan and Matthew).

This hilarious book had me laughing out loud, if not, grinning like an idiot. Crazy moments of the trio was really funny. I missed my crazy besties when I read this book. I loved every bit of this book, from the first page to the last!

This standalone novel is a great piece of work by Lindsey Kelk. It's lovely to see her write something other than Angela! Highly recommended fans of I Heart series. If you loved Angela Clark, you will love Rachel Summers! Though there were less about shopping and malls in this book, it's still interesting and worth reading (every cent). This book will be amazing for a lazy Sunday as the story is light and entertaining. Lovely read! I personally can't wait for Lindsey to write more awesome books! Though I loved this standalone novel, I can't wait for I HEART LONDON! I was thinking, maybe Lindsey could write a sequel to this book? I'm sure readers can't wait! REMEMBER, EVERYONE MUST GET I HEART LONDON!

Feel free to follow the very lovely author, Lindsey Kelk (@LindseyKelk) on Twitter!

Comments

Popular Posts