Book Review : 50 Ways To Find A Lover by Lucy-Anne Holmes


Title : 50 Ways To Find A Lover

Author : Lucy-Anne Holmes

Publication Date : April 2009

Publisher : Pan MacMillan

Source : Purchased

Overall : 5/5

I feel like a failure. It’s now been 351 days since I had sex. That’s a carnal drought. If Bob Geldof knew about it he’d hold a concert.

Sarah Sargeant has been single for three years and nine months. She has just spent five months plucking up the courage to ask out a balding man with a paunch who works in her local pub. The gentleman in question informed her that he would rather stay in and watch the Narnia movie on DVD. Her pride has not just been bruised, it’s been disembowelled. And she vows it’s the last time she will ever reach out to a member of the opposite sex.
But her family and friends have other ideas. They enter her into a reality TV show against her will, persuade her to go speed dating and even more radically, they encourage her to start a blog. Suddenly Sarah Sargeant is on a mission.

A mission to explore 50 Ways To Find A Lover.


I laughed a lot reading this book. It was really fantastic and it was almost impossible to stop once I started reading it. As for now, I have three books written by Lucy but unfortunately, I managed to read only one as I am busy with school. I will definitely read the other two when I have time. I have been looking for this book for quite some time. My best friend told me it is amazing. Upon hearing that, my Mum said I should get it. She is so supportive! So, I looked for it in many bookstores and I found it in MPH MidValley! I was more than happy.I showed my Mum and she said I can have it! THANKS, MUM! I think I finished this book within a week. I read it at my own pace and I love it!

I absolutely loved Sarah! To me, she's really amazing! She's an actress and honestly speaking, she's down-to-earth. Maybe it's because I think that actresses are normally snobbish. I don't think I am the only one that think so! It has been 351 days since the last time she had sex. Seriously, I think it's a torture for Sarah.

I loved the characters in the book. Firstly, Simon! He was an amazing flatmate, I should say! I would want a flatmate like him! He was supportive and he cared for Sarah though he has a girlfriend, Ruth. I think that Ruth was not suitable for Simon. I do not know why, but I just think that Simon should have a fun girlfriend like Sarah! Simon also motivated Sarah with quotes by pinning them on a board. Though there were punctuation and grammatical errors, he still has the heart to do that. That was very thoughtful and not something anyone would do. Oh,I should mention this, I liked the Sarah's nickname, Sare. It's just cute. Secondly, Paul, the one I fell in love with! I thought he would end up with Sarah! Sadly, no. Not forgetting Julia, she has been an amazing friend! I would want someone like her as my best friend! I LOVE HER!

I think I have written a lot. In short, this book is fantastic. Of course, the part where Sarah lied about having sex is funny. That is just unforgettable. Call me a pervert, but I am just honest! Did I mention that I just got my hands on a copy of The Imperfect Girlfriend? Thank you, Borders MidValley! I cannot wait to read that! I love 50 Ways To Find A Lover and I am sure I will love The Imperfect Girlfriend too!

I hope Lucy will write more books and impress us with her amazing writing! If you wish to talk to Lucy, follow her on Twitter (@LucyAnneHolmes) or find this lovely lady on Facebook!

Comments

Popular Posts