Book Review : Winter Wonderland by Belinda Jones


Title : Winter Wonderland

Author : Belinda Jones

Publication Date : November 2012

Publisher : Hodder

Source : Sent by the publisher (Thank you so much!)

Overall : 5/5

Imagine walking up in a snow globe...

That's how travel journalist Krista feels when she arrives in magical Quebec to report on Canada's glittering Winter Carnival.

Over ten sub-zero days Krista's formerly frozen heart begins to melt as she discovers an enchanting world of ice palaces, husky dog-sledding and maple-syrup treats galore. And then she meets Jacques, a man as handsome and rugged as he is mysterious...

Two share a secret that could bond them forever, but can they find a way to break through the protective layers around their hearts to warm up this winter wonderland?

Firstly, I'd love to thank the lovely Harriet for sending me a copy of this beautiful book!

I've not read any books by Belinda Jones and Winter Wonderland is my first. I was very happy that the book arrived. It has such a gorgeous cover that screams "Christmas"! I was really awed by Belinda's brilliant way of writing and it was totally easy to get into this beautiful, Christmassy book!

The characters in this book were extremely loveable. Every character has a story to tell and I can feel for them. To me, the characters were all very well connected. It's really rare to find such a book! I'm very grateful I read this wonderful book! Well, this story is about Krista, a travel journalist who has to write about the Winter Carnival in the enchanting Quebec! It was really easy to be swept away by Krista's adventures and I was in love with Krista from page one! The places in the book were vividly described that I wanted to pack my bags and fly to Quebec! But I can't speak French! Oops. Krista got to meet some really friendly people there like Annique, Sebastian and Jacques aka Wolf-man! Not forgetting her best friend, Laurie! Laurie's a very supportive friend and I'm glad I have friends that are just like her! Quebec was so impeccably described and Krista's oh-so-great escapades further enhanced its beauty!

When I was reading Winter Wonderland , I was thinking of gingerbread, snow, snow globes,cottage houses, leafless trees and pine trees dusted with snow! Oh-so-pretty! I'd love to go for dog-sledding and hug some furry dogs! I also want to enjoy the thrill of waking up on an ice cold bed! Imagine the fun!

Despite all the fun and great adventures, the story has a romantic side. Both Krista and Jacques share a secret and when their secret was unveiled, I totally felt for them! Read the book, you must! I imagined Chace as Jacques. Those insanely beautiful eyes! And Leighton as Krista. They will look beautiful together!

The ending was good. As I'm always a sucker for happy, romantic endings, I loved it! It's as beautiful as snow! A five-star ending!

In short, it's a perfect Christmas read! Lovely characters and a beautiful place! Light and wintry, think snowman and snowflakes! Definitely worth reading and this is definitely going into my read again list! Buy yourself a copy of WW now, make yourself a mug of hot tea and read! Merry Christmas in advance, loves!

Comments

Popular Posts