Book Review : Reflected in You by Sylvia Day


Title : Reflected in You

Author : Sylvia Day

Publication Date : October 2012

Publisher : Penguin

Source : Sent by the publisher (Thank you!)

Overall : 5/5

Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest of pleasures. I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. He was my addiction ... my every desire ... mine.

My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We'd never work. It was too hard, too painful ... except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity.

We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession.

First and foremost, I'd love to thank the lovely publicist, Fran for sending me this book! When I read Bared to You, I totally loved the book. So, I was really hoping to read Reflected in You and I did. Results? I was not dissapointed at all.

When Reflected in You arrived, all I wanted to do was to start on it immediately as the snippets were so sexy. I really wanted to read the book. Problem was, exam was close. Since books are drugs to me, I chose Reflected in You over studying for exam. Such a bad student, a bad example. As soon as I started, the story sucked me in, made my heart race and I then knew, this is another book to love though it's a little complicated.

I do love Eva Tramell since the first book as she's a strong, feminine lady. She's independent and can walk out on Gideon if she wants but in this book, she's filled with insecurities and she's all clingy and behaved as though she couldn't survive without Gideon. They are both possessive and obsessed with each other. Love is one thing, trust is another. Trust and jealousy were obstacles in their relationship. As I dived deeper into their pasts, the story became complicated. It's a whole different structure. Gideon opened up to Eva and he expected that would drive her away. It didn't. To me, that's true love. Loving someone  and accepting their flaws are keys to a everlasting relationship and I think it applies to them.

I absolutely loved the sex scenes as my heart and brain demanded to read more of those (Gosh, I sound like total pervert!). I imagined Gideon as Colin Farrell, terribly gorgeous and good in bed. I loved him. Given a chance to be in a relationship with him (Coughs!), I would want him to myself. Mine. I would never discuss anything regarding the relationship with my best friends, ever. Maybe I would, to someone like Cary. He's such a caring friend. If he's not bisexual, I'd date him. I was so touched when Gideon said he would kill for Eva. Oh man, the power of love. Killing in the name of love.

"I'd kill for you, give up everything I own for you ... but I won't give you up."- Gideon to Eva

Towards the end, I was shocked to see what Gideon did. Read the book, people! People fight for love, so did he. Giving up control and power for someone you love and fight for them, I was touched.

All in all, the story was a little bit complicated that I at first, rated it 4.5 stars but I was so obsessed with it that it totally deserves to be rated 5 star! Can't wait for book three, Entwined with You. I know you feel the same. Till then, lovelies!

Comments

Popular Posts