Book Review : A Passionate Love Affair With a Total Stranger by Lucy Robinson


Title : A Passionate Love Affair With a Total Stranger

Author : Lucy Robinson

Publication Date : 31 January 2013

Publisher : Michael Joseph

Source : Sent by the publisher (Thank you so much!)

Overall : 5/5 

Charley Lambert has put considerable effort into achieving a perfect life. She has The Job, The Wardrobe. And The Flat. Her womanising, junk foodloving housemate Sam lowers the tone a bit but that aside, things are peachy.

Then she breaks her leg in three places, watches her unrequited love propose to someone else and - worst of all - is forced to hand over her job to her nasty deputy while she recovers. Workaholic Charley fears that she will soon go mad.

Desperate for something to do, she discovers her talent for helping lovelorn online. And then William arrives in her inbox. Within hours of his first email, her world starts to change. Helpless, she watches herself fall in love with this man and begins to realise that she's not who she thought she was.

But will Charley be brave enough to turn her back on her old life - all for a total stranger.

A Passionate Love Affair With a Total Stranger may be my first book by the ever funny Lucy Robinson but I felt as though I've known her for a long time. I love her and her brilliant way of writing very much! A Passionate Love Affair With a Total Stranger's cover was not very different from her debut novel, The Greatest Love Story of All Time but still, it's very, very pretty. Lovely pink font for Lucy's name that matches Charley's skirt and shoes! Gorgeous! Due to it's attractive cover, captivating title and interesting blurb, I started on it immediately. I was glued to the book from page one and I felt the erupting craziness beneath the cover! It's really easy to get into this story and I have to say, Charley's beyond a lovable character. I really want to have a crazy twin like her. At first, I thought Charley would end up with THE STRANGER, erm well, the title. But man, I was wrong, totally wrong. Some parts of this book were totally unexpected. I learnt that she's a busy, busy woman. A lady with a no-nonsense attitude, she's restless and can never keep calm. But, when she's admitted into the hospital, she's forced to rest. Unable to work and the launch of her company's mega, ultra important new drug is coming up soon, what's she going to do?

To stop herself from becoming a lunatic, she sets up First Date Aid, with her housemate's help. There, I realised that she's not a scary, strict looking lady but a crazy, fun one. Maybe she has to put on a cold looking face for business, as a comms director but under those serious suits, she's just another young lady like me and you. She calls herself Scottish Amazon but never trust her. She meets THE STRANGER, William and falls deeply and madly in love with him. Not that she's actually seen him. Online dating. Reading their exchange of emails was like reading emails in Fifty Shades! Similar feeling and I loved that feeling, can't deny. I can't never tell you how much I loved reading the emails, Lucy is terribly brilliant! Totally had me laughing out loud. There should be more Charleys on Earth. Less lonely people then!

And oops, I almost forgot about the other characters! I almost, sorry! This story wouldn't be perfect without the fantastic supporting characters. I want a best friend like Hailey. She's another mad woman. You won't hate her! Ooooh, and Sam, the womanising housemate and Nutella lover! I liked him almost immediately. It's impossible to not love him because he loves Nutella! All right, he's an actor, well, sort of an expired one but who the hell cares? He's still an actor and my fave male character in this book. I'm obsessed with Chace and I imagined Chacey as Sam while I was reading the book. Not only this actually, but almost every book. Sort of too common now, eh? So, as I'm writing this review, watching Revenge, I see Daniel (Joshua Bowman) as Sam! Horribly distracted now. Please slap me! Granny Helen! I can only think of my lovely grandmother when I read about her. I think I'm certain that I can never, ever finish telling everyone how much I loved the book.

Well, not giving too much away! Go get yourself a copy or download it into your Kindle, iPad, tablets, whatever and read. Such a light and entertaining read. A perfect cure for a horrible day at work! You cannot not love it! Here, I'd love to thank the sweetheart from Michael Joseph for sending me an ARC of this fantabulous, hilarious book! Can't wait for Lucy to write her next one! As for now, I'm going to get my copy of The Greatest Love Story of All Time! Do feel free to tweet the awesome author, Lucy (@Lucy_Robinson) on Twitter!

HAPPY PUB DAY TO LUCY! 

Till then, sweethearts! xx

Comments

Popular Posts