Book Review : Fire After Dark by Sadie Matthews


Title : Fire After Dark 

Author : Sadie Matthews

Publication Date : August 2012

Publisher : Hodder & Stoughton 

Source : Sent by the publisher (Thank you!)

Overall : 5/5 

It started with a spark... 

Everything changed when I met Dominic. My heart had just been broken, split into jagged fragments that can jigsaw together to make me look enough like a normal, happy person.

But Dominic has shown me a kind of abandonment I've never known before. He takes me down a path of pure pleasure, but of pain, too - his love offers me both lightness and dark. And where he leads me, I have no choice but to follow.

Deeply intense and romantic, provocative and sensual, FIRE AFTER DARK will take you to a place where love and sex are liberated from their limits.

Deeply intense, true. Provocative and sensual, another true statement.

Since Fifty Shades Trilogy, erotica became a genre I frequently look out for and something I'd love to read other than chick lit. Since Fifty Shades Trilogy has recorded great sales, other erotic fictions will inevitably be compared to it. When Hodder Books promoted this book on their Twitter page, I read about it and was interested to read it. Well, the cover captivated me (sticker aside). It's really artistic and I love the font of the title, gorgeous! I requested to review it and I waited almost three weeks for it. The wait was definitely worth it as the book was very good. Sexy!

I have to admit this, the first quarter of the book was rather slow and it was quite dull for me. Though dull, it's well written and I read it within a really short period of time. One night and I was near page 150. As the story progressed, it became more and more interesting. Dangerously exciting. My heart raced along with the flow of the book. Fast! I finished this book in less than a week as I couldn't put it  down. The story sucked me in, made me absolutely curious to find out what happens next. I read on and on and on, totally absorbed. I was so absorbed though I had exam and I didn't realize I was reading the last chapter. That feeling!

Well, this lovely story is about Beth, newly single, after breaking up with long term boyfriend, Adam. She took the opportunity when her dad's godmother, Celia wanted her to take care of her cat and apartment in London for 5 weeks (I'd be more than willing to go!). London! Totally a place I'd love to  be in. Well, London was so well described and I felt as though I have been to London when I finished this book. Such great feeling! Thank you, Sadie! During her stay in London, she met Dominic, a mysterious man (girls love mysterious men!) with terribly good looks and dangerously sexy (Swoon!) . Dominic stayed in an apartment at the opposite block. When Beth caught a glimpse of him, she was drawn to him! Soon, they met and were totally attracted to each other. After that, they started on a relationship that was beyond Beth's imagination. Relationships are always complicated, I wonder why. Though complicated, their relationship was beautiful and emotional. Some parts had me crying. Beautiful love story with a healthy dose of sex!

The sex scenes were perfectly written. Though not as detailed as the other books, it's more than enough for a reader to imagine. As a whole, this book was written in such a light and easy manner. Characters in this book were all very real and easy for me to relate, making it easy for me to read it. As I read on, I can really feel what the author wants to convey. I really had a good time reading this book and would be happy to read it again.

The last two chapters took my breath away. Such an unexpected twist of events. I was so, so surprised. The ending made me very sad. I didn't expect for it to end the way it ended. Though sad, I can't wait for book two - Secrets After Dark as the suspense is killing me. Can't wait for November!

I highly recommend this book to fans of Fifty Shades Trilogy. This book is passionate, dangerous, sexy and it's where pain meets pleasure. This, definitely was not a let down. Fab read!

Feel free to follow the lovely author (@Sadie_Matthews) on Twitter now.








Comments

Popular Posts