Book Review : Destined to Play by Indigo Bloome


Title : Destined To Play

Author :  Indigo Bloome

Publication Date : August 2012

Publisher : Harper

Source : Sent by publisher, thanks!

Overall : 2/5

'It's simple. No sight. No questions. 48 hours.'

When 37-year-old psychologist, Dr Alexandra Blake, leaves her comfortable suburban existence to give a series of lectures, she meets up with Dr Jeremy Quinn, the man who opened her eyes and body to the world in ways she never thought possible. After a few glasses of champagne in his luxurious hotel penthouse, he presents her with an extraordinary proposition. Alexandra knows that they would never promise each other something they can't commit to and that he will challenge her every inhibition. But she soon finds herself seduced into a level of surrender and danger - she could never have imagined.

Since Fifty Shades Trilogy, erotica became widely read and popular. When I came across this book on Twitter, I was so interested to read it. This book received a lot of positive reviews, so I decided to request for a review copy. When I received this book, I was so eager to read it and I loved the cover! To be honest, I expected this book to be as good as Fifty Shades Trilogy and Bared To You but sorry to say, this book was quite a let down (Sorry, Indigo!).

Now, I don't know where to start. Some parts of this book was good and sweet but some were quite disturbing (Sorry!). Let's start with the positive ones! Well, I really did enjoy reading about Jeremy and Alex's (Love the name Alexandra!) sweet relationship. Their relationship back then was nice and lovely, just like how an ordinary couple should be like. Reading those flashbacks made me smile, the first quarter or I'd say, first half of the book was good, really but as the story progressed, it became quite disturbing and I really don't know what to think. Why? Just like the other erotic fictions, no sight is quite common but using chemicals to remove sight (though temporarily) made me feel uncomfortable. Besides, this book has a lot of scientific terms that I couldn't understand. As a Biology student, I can't understand them - maybe I'm not good in that. Next, using a woman for experiments was beyond imagination. I can't imagine that and I was really distracted by my own thoughts, thinking if that's possible. Alex was touched by different people that she doesn't know, that bothered me. Other than that, though her marriage seems meaningless (Erm, no sex?), she doesn't have the rights to cheat on her husband.

Though some parts was not up to what I expected from this book, I still look forward to Destined to Feel and Destined to Fly. The epilogue left me feeling curious of what will happen to Alex (who's out to kidnap her?) and to find out more about Avalon (love the name too!) as it's described as a very peaceful place. Totally looking forward to the other two books! Can't wait! Follow the lovely author, Indigo Bloome (@Indigobloome) on Twitter.

Comments

Popular Posts