Book Review : I Heart Hollywood by Lindsey Kelk


Title : I Heart Hollywood

Author : Lindsey Kelk 

Publication Date : January 2010

Publisher : HarperCollins

Source : Birthday gift from a very best friend  (Thank you!)

Overall : 5/5 (I'd give more!) 

Angela Clark can't believe her luck...she's living in New York with a dream job and a sexy boyfriend. 

Sent to Hollywood to interview hot actor and fellow Brit James Jacobs, she's in at the deep end amid the thin and beautiful Rodeo Drive. The only person who seems genuine James, despite his ladykiller reputation. But then the paparazzi catch them together at Chateau Marmont, and Angela finds herself in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons...

Can she convince her boss, her best friend and - most importantly - her boyfriend not to believe all they read in the papers? And will Hollywood ever win Angela's heart?  

As I've said in my previous reviews, I totally enjoyed three books of the I Heart series (I Heart Paris, I Heart Vegas and I Heart London). I Heart Hollywood was no exception.  I was hooked from the first chapter and I stayed up late to read this. It was irresistible though I took quite long to finish it (Hey, it doesn't matter how long as long as I love the story!). 

From the bottom of my heart, I really loved this book! Pretty cover, pale pink and purple. Such a pretty, gorgeous, gorgeous, GORGEOUS cover! Angela's dress and the font of the title has the same shade of purple. How lovely! 

Lindsey never failed to give her readers everything they expect to read. She's really amazing! LINDSEY, I LOVE YOU! This chick lit novel has plenty of unexpected events and at a point, I'd secretly wished I was Angela! Actually, not just this, every single book of the I Heart series made me want to be Miss Clark. After all, what's not to love about Angela? She's clumsy (I find that very cute and very much like me) and hilarious! Totally love her! 

The ever lovable Angela, this time, was given a chance to go all the way to Hollywood to interview (her very first time) the most gorgeous actor on planet Earth, James Jacobs! She's so lucky! Her new BFF, Jenny Lopez went with her to Los Angeles and the amazing adventure began! Ding ding dong! With more sunshine this time, the adventure might be more interesting! Tighten your seat-belts, people!

Miss Angela Clark, is someone I adore greatly. Easily relatable, totally crazy, very straightforward and clumsy (totally like me)! This adventure to the City of Angels was not a very smooth. The interview was so important that if she screwed that, she would be fired and have to go back to London, back to her old life. Angela was very determined to not let this interview be a reason for her to get fired but ... drama was inevitable! When photos of Angela and James were taken and uploaded online, it caused Alex to question their relationship (Oh, no!). Papa, papa, paparazzi! Will Angela be able to convince Alex that there's nothing between her and James? Read to find out more!

The hot actor, James Jacobs was such a sweetheart! I truly loved him from the start and hoped that he'd be with Angela (Sorry, Alex!). He seemed to be a perfect boyfriend. Another dream was shattered when there's a not quite lovely surprise! James Jacobs, not that perfect after all. I nearly cried. Alex Reid, the sexy and sweet boyfriend was the greatest man alive! Gosh, after reading what he's done for Angela and their relationship, I was so touched! TOUCHED! Jenny Lopez, the fashionista, the stylist and everything in between was such an awesome lady. I wish I could go on a shopping date with her! She brought Angela to high end shopping malls that she knew they can't afford. But...when you have James as a friend, it's possible to own some pieces (not that Angela would take advantage)! From this book, I can conclude that Angela loves Marc Jacobs. Such a coincidence, I love Marc Jacobs too! He's handsome and his designs are incredible! I hope I'd own some of his creations one day, maybe after I graduate and get a steady job!

This book was set in Hollywood, a district in Los Angeles, California, a place that's well known for movie studios and movie stars! I wish to go there one day as I think I'd love the sunshine and malls! Who knows, I might be lucky and bump into Robert Pattinson and Chace Crawford! But, err, I don't want any pictures to be taken? I'm not Blake Lively or Kristen Stewart! Okay, I've seriously dreamed to far! 

I really enjoyed reading this book. It was really laugh-out-loud funny! It's light, very well written and a terribly good ending. For those that are planning to go on holidays, bring this along. A perfect summer read, perfect for a lazy Sunday, perfect for a sunny day. Actually, anytime! I highly recommend this book BUT remember to read the first book (I Heart New York) before reading this one. Do read this series if you have not!

P/s: Kevin, thank you for this birthday gift! xx







Comments

Popular Posts